Gaylord Alpenfrost – February 6 & 7, 2015
[ February 9, 2013; ] Northern Michigan is truly a four-season paradise. Located at the hub of northern Lower Michigan, The Alpine Village of Gaylord is a year-round destination for shoppers and outdoor enthusiasts, and the annual Alpenfest event, has become a time-honored Summer celebration enjoyed by thousands of visitors and area residents alike. Alpenfrost continues this tradition by celebrating the [...]
Wings Over Gaylord! – June 14 & 15, 2014
[ June 15, 2013 to June 16, 2013. June 14, 2014 to June 15, 2014. ] Gaylord Regional Airport Presents the 2014 Wings Over Gaylord Air Show! Gaylord Regional Airport Presents "Wings Over Gaylord - 2014" @ the Gaylord Regional Airport, June 14th and 15th, 2014, with Air and Ground performances! Our 2014 event promises to be Bigger Better and Faster. It will be the Best Ever with something to do for [...]
Treetops Resort – 2013/14 Season Ski Passes
Winter is quickly approaching, it’s time to get your 2013-14 season ski passes! <> Visit Treetops Resort Website >>>>
Treetops Resort – What’s New This Winter
We’ve got a lot of new and exciting things planned for you this winter season, check out a few of them below… We’re excited to announce that for the first time in years, Treetops will ski and ride 7 days a week in 2013-14! Our plan is to open whenever the weather permits with a [...]
Treetops Resort – Unbeatable Ski Packages
Go simple or wrap it all into one great winter package! Stay and Ski Package – One night lodging One full day lift ticket One breakfast voucher Stay, Ski and Tube Package – One night lodging One full day lift ticket One tubing session ticket One breakfast voucher Remember children 8 and under stay, ski and eat breakfast for free when accompanying a paying [...]
Gaylord Alpenfest – July 15 – 19, 2014
[ July 15, 2014 to July 19, 2014. ] The Gaylord Area Chamber of Commerce presents Alpenfest ®. Expect five days of festivities including a parade, carnival, kid's games and contests, pancake breakfast, ethnic food, stages with live entertainment and the World's Largest Coffee Break. This is a true community celebration! Gaylord, a vacation destination in central northern Michigan, will be hosting its' 50th Annual [...]
Elk Viewing in the Pigeon River Country Elk Range
The Pigeon River Country State Forest and surrounding land is home to the largest free-roaming elk herd [...]
Northern Michigan is truly a four-season paradise. Located at the hub of northern Lower Michigan, The Alpine Village of Gaylord is a year-round destination for shoppers and outdoor enthusiasts, and the annual Alpenfest event, has become a time-honored Summer celebration enjoyed by thousands of visitors and area residents alike.
Alpenfrost continues this tradition by celebrating the heart of the Winter season in the Alpine Village. For several years, Gaylord celebrated a Winterfest event, spearheaded by local business-men Jim Lappan and Dave Baragrey, that included an ice fishing derby, ice and snow sculpture events, kids games, contests and more.
Alpenfrost, a term coined by committee member Cindy Akans, is a rebirth and evolution of this exciting winter celebration in downtown Gaylord, combining anchor events such as The Polar Plunge and a Craft Beer and Wine Festival at Treetops Resort, with a flurry of downtown activities, games and merchant sales. Worthy of vintage Norman Rockwell painting, the Alpine Village will unveil an open-air ice skating rink on the Courthouse lawn during Alpenfrost. As with Alpenfest, a unique annual Alpenfrost pin will be available that will offer pin wearers special discounts throughout the event. It’s about Winter, adventure, and having fun in the Alpine Village, Please enjoy Alpenfrost and we look forward to seeing you again next year
Gaylord Regional Airport Presents “Wings Over Gaylord – 2014” @ the Gaylord Regional Airport, June 14th and 15th, 2014, with Air and Ground performances!
Our 2014 event promises to be Bigger Better and Faster. It will be the Best Ever with something to do for everyone in the family! Enjoy the wide variety of vintage warbirds, modern military aircraft, high speed passes, aerobatics, civilian general aviation aircraft, and military and emergency ground vehicles. Lots to see, do and eat!
Winter is quickly approaching, it’s time to get your 2013-14 season ski passes!
We’ve got a lot of new and exciting things planned for you this winter season, check out a few of them below…
- We’re excited to announce that for the first time in years, Treetops will ski and ride 7 days a week in 2013-14! Our plan is to open whenever the weather permits with a goal of opening Thanksgiving Weekend. In addition, from mid-December through early-March we’ll be open EVERY DAY!
- Olympic Snowboard Coach Tom Hutchinson will return to Treetops this winter as an instructor. We’ll also have the Big AIRbag for a full season as well as an expanded Terrain Park and new features including a Boarder Cross Course.
- Have a ski group? We have spectacular packages available for you this winter. Book your ski trips to Treetops by calling Group Sales at 888-976-0693 and selecting prompt 4.
- We have a new groomer this season to perfect snow conditions.
- …and a new tower snow gun to build up a spectacular base!
We’re giving you the best season pass value ever at Treetops this winter and those are just a few of the reasons why. We’ll see you on the slopes!
And kids, there’s still time to perfect those grades before the first marking period is done. 3.0 or better on your report card gets you discounted season passes too!
Go simple or wrap it all into one great winter package!
Stay and Ski Package –
- One night lodging
- One full day lift ticket
- One breakfast voucher
Stay, Ski and Tube Package –
- One night lodging
- One full day lift ticket
- One tubing session ticket
- One breakfast voucher
Remember children 8 and under stay, ski and eat breakfast for free when accompanying a paying package adult!
All Treetops Winter Packages can be customized to your exact specifications by combining packages, adding tickets, rental equipment, lodging nights, meals, spa services, etc….
*Keep in mind package rates will vary depending on the dates of stay, ages of guests and of course, activity options! Prices are based on double occupancy and do not include taxes, resort fee, or gratuities.
- Every weekend beginning Saturday ~ Oct 5th ~ Oct 27th ~ from 10 am ~ 5 pm
- Hay Rides @ 11 am ~ 1 pm & 3 pm
- Activities: Hay Ride to the Pumpkin Patch ~ Pick your Own Pumpkins ~ Donut Snacks & Apple Cider ~ Farm Animals to Feed & Pet ~ Hay Maze (for younger children) ~ 4 Acre Corn Maze
- Price List: Pumpkin Patch: $ 5.00 per person ~ Corn Maze: $ 5.00 per person ~ Both: $ 8.00 per person ~ Extra Pumpkins: $ 2.00 ~ $ 4.00 per pumpkin
- Weather & Facilities: The harvest must go on rain or shine!
- The Animals ~ Maze & Picnic tables are enclosed in the barn & the wagons can be enclosed with tarps.
- We have running water for drinking & washing hands ~ as well as restroom facilities.
- To improve the experience ~ our location this year has moved to the larger barn at the top of the hill by the silos!
- Please note that we are smoke & alcohol free farm.
- The harvest takes around 20 minutes.
- You are welcome to bring food and use our picnic tables.
- We ask groups of 10 or more to call for reservations ~ weekday appointments are available for large groups.
Follow us on Facebook ~ www.facebook.com/flemingfarm
Rick Smith and Jason Guss Golf Academy — One of Golf Magazine’s ‘Top 25 Golf Schools in America’
Michigan’s Most Spectacular Learning Environment!
Better golf begins with better instruction. Search, but you won’t find more experienced, highly-skilled instructors than those at Treetops. In fact, the Rick Smith and Jason Guss Golf Academy is Michigan’s only three-time, Top 25 golf school.
There are 3 variables that lead to playing better golf. Great Instruction – we have it as evidenced by the litany of awards garnered by our intructors (click here to see); Cutting Edge Technology – No different than what ALL of the World’s top players from every TOUR use; World Class Golf Experience – Not only do we provide a world class practice facility (for all seasons), but we provide 81 Spectacular holes to perfect your game.
Whether you’re looking to enhance your full swing, hone your short game or get a set of clubs fit perfectly to you, our instructors will help you maximize your skills, increase your confidence and lower your score.
Lessons and programs are booked through The Rick Smith and Jason Guss Golf Academy.
Treetops Resort offers elegant accommodations, fine dining and spectacular golf on all five courses and can include these in any Academy program.
Continuity, Longevity, Reliability, Quality, Innovation
These traits define the Rick Smith and Jason Guss Golf Academy, one of America’s best. The Rick Smith and Jason Guss Golf Academy is the oldest, continuously operated and most highly acclaimed golf school in Michigan. Founded by Rick Smith and Henry Young, the Academy was established at Treetops in 1990 and has been under the expert guidance of Henry Young, Director of Instruction ever since.
From its inception, the over-riding philosophy of the Academy has been clear communication, quality instruction and individualized attention. Regarding the latter, the Rick Smith Golf Academy is the only school in the nation to have a 2:1 student/teacher ratio in Golf Magazine’s first “Top 25″ ranking.
Continuity – Under the guidance of Henry Young since its inception.
Longevity – Established in 1990
Reliability - As new swing methods come and go, the same guiding principle of sound fundamentals tailored to each student, define the Academy’s approach now as in its first year of operation in 1990.
Quality – In Golf Magazine’s bi-annual “Top 25 Golf Schools in America”, the Rick Smith Golf Academy is one of few in America and the ONLY school in Michigan to receive the accolade 3 times. In one issue when the rankings were placed in order, the Rick Smith Golf Academy placed 7th ahead of notable schools lead by David Leadbetter, Hank Haney, Jim McLean and Butch Harmon. There are multiple factors in determining this award, but the major contributing factor is student feedback. We’re proud that our past students are our best marketing tool.
Innovation – This academy has long been revered in the golf industry as THE place to learn from the best. However, the world class instructors do not rest on their laurels. The academy continually reinvents itself with the game’s latest technology including TrackMan, V1 Software, TOMI Putting Systems and all of the games latest training aids.
For more information or to reserve your golf instruction through The Rick Smith and Jason Guss Golf Academy, click here now or please call 866-348-5249 prompt 7, or dial the Rick Smith and Jason Guss Golf Academy at 989-731-8485.
The Gaylord Area Chamber of Commerce presents Alpenfest ®. Expect five days of festivities including a parade, carnival, kid’s games and contests, pancake breakfast, ethnic food, stages with live entertainment and the World’s Largest Coffee Break.
This is a true community celebration! Gaylord, a vacation destination in central northern Michigan, will be hosting its’ 50th Annual Alpenfest ® on July 15-19, 2014. Alpenfest ® attracts not only local residents but also frequent vacationers enjoying the beautiful Michigan summer days. Additionally, it is Gaylord’s unofficial annual homecoming weekend, with former residents returning to enjoy the festivities.
- 5th Annual Wine & Cheese Color Tour on the Tribute at the Otsego Club
- Registration begins @ 3:00 pm in the Headwaters Pro Shop
- Wine & Cheese Tour on our award winning scenic golf course and in our beautiful Valley View Lobby
- Assorted Red ~ White & Sparkling wines
- Limited selection of local & craft beers
- Variety of cheese & horsd’oeuvres can be sampled at your leisure concluding the tour with a station in the Valley View Lobby
- Cost is $ 30.00 per person ~ includes: golf cart (2 people per cart) wine & beer tasting with appetizer stations
- This event fills up fast and there is a maximum number of attendees permitted !
- To ensure your spot~ please contact: The Otsego Club at 989-732-5181
- Please pre-pay upon reservation
- A 48 hour cancellation policy applies
- This event is for 21 years and above only
- Something spooky this way comes!
- 3 Disciplines proudly presents the 1st Annual Escape The Terror Extreme 5K
- The course will not only test your endurance with the 3.1 miles filled with obstacles, but get you in the Halloween spirit as well.
- Dress up as a vampire or zombie to fit in or save the day as your favoirte super hero.
- The top five female and male costumes will win an award ~ along with the top three finishers to escape the haunted forest the fastest!
- A post-race bash will follow the event and is included in the race fee.
- Racers only pay $ 50.00 * if they sign up before “April 30th” and $ 60.00* after “May 1st”.
- Other goodies will be included as well.
- More information can be found at www.3disciplines.com
- * Prices are subject to change
- Join us as we celebrate Fall.
- Treetops will feature wagon rides followed by a chairlift ride.
- Activity and game stations with trick or treating for the kids.
- Minimal fee for wagon/chairlift ride.
- Public welcome
The reinvigorated Treetops Ladies Golf School is open to all ladies, from beginners to seasoned players and is now part of the Rick Smith & Jason Guss Golf Academy.
Instruction will focus on the short game and full swing while improving each student’s overall knowledge of the game of golf. Our on course instruction is second to none as we cover common challenges that many face when they take their games from the range to the course. In 2013, we’ve structured the Ladies Golf School to give you the tools to make the greatest amount of improvement in the shortest amount of time.
Additionally, to better utilize your time while you’re here, the schedule has been adjusted to incorporate the on course portion during one continuous 2 1/2 hour block on the final day.
2013 LADIES GOLF SCHOOL DATES
Space is filling fast!
May 19 – 22
May 28 – 31
June 2 – 5 (currently sold out)
June 9 – 12 (Alumni)
June 16 – 19
June 25 – 28
July 9 – 12 (Alumni)
July 21 – 24
July 28 – 31 (currently sold out)
ALUMNI SCHOOLS – First timers are also welcome at Alumni Schools.
A special gift will be given to Alumni who bring at least one
newcomer with them this year.
For more information or to reserve your golf instruction, click here now
or please call 866-348-5249 prompt 7.
Join us for the 2nd Annual Michigan Craft Beer and Wine Festival at Treetops
February 9, 2013, 6-10pm at the Convention Center.
Book Your 2012-2013 Ski Package. Starting at $79 per person!*
Book any of our ski packages before October 31, 2012 and receive:
- 2 free pizzas from the Sportsbar (per room)
- Free 1 hour Adult Ski Clinic (13 and older, max 2 adults per room)
- All day Rental for the 4 hour price (for everyone on the ski package)
- Free Express Rental (forms must be filled out in advance of trip to receive Express Rental for everyone on the ski package)
The items above are available only during the package stay dates. There are several great ski packages to choose from this winter that will surely put smiles on your families faces! Check it out here!
Call us at 888-329-0624 to book your ski package today!